Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our official First Personal Narrative



I must say that I am not a great writer. AT ALL! When I read that our lesson plans called for an upcoming personal narrative lesson I almost passed out! lol...well, not really,but almost. lol I figured it was time to brainstorm on how to get my 4th grader to really enjoy writing. What does he LOVE to do? hmmm....Ah, write about building his tree fort! I had a feeling it was not going to be so dreadful after all. To my amazement the child flourished. He was coming up with his own paragraph ideas and details. I have never seen him write this good. You see this is the beauty of homeschooling. Gearing it towards ONE CHILD. Personalizing it to fit his needs. I was in awe the whole time. This summer he wasn't even close to writing a paragraph and making any sense. Now, he is just on board. One on one is heavenly. Thank you Lord for guiding me to homeschool my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment